Thursday, January 3, 2008

Scandinavian Inspired

Recently, the Spinning Guild I belong to had to relocate its library to a more suitable place which meant having to sort through years of periodicals and decide which ones to keep and which ones to recycle. I was lucky enough to get my hands on a few issues of "Spin-Off" magazine (a brainchild of Interweave Press) which contained beautiful patterns, one of which caught my eyes. I love to work fair-isle and these Scandanavian-Inspired mittens was just the project I was looking for. The pattern itself needed a few adjustments but I think they turned out pretty good :c)

I just love perusing old issues; you just never know - a pattern that didn't quite suit a few years ago may just be what I'm looking for. The only problem ... I get over inspired and don't know where to start. But it's all good!

No comments: