Saturday, August 23, 2008

Doggie Spins

Meet Zeus. Zeus is a beautiful smooth-coat (short haired) Saint Bernard which I recently had the pleasure to spin. Now, Zeus' hair was rather short to work with - no worries, just added some extra spins. It turned out to be an awesome oatmeal color. I blended Zeus' hair with Marty's - a beautiful ram from one of my friend's farm North of Port Hope, ON. Zeus' mom is very excited and can't wait to turn this yarn into a memento fit for a God. Below are some pics of the end product.

Here's a picture of Marty, the ram who made the wool contribution. Thankfully, my friend Cindy is a wonderful shepherd
and was able to point him out so I could take his picture. Isn't he a cutie :c)

Interested in getting your pet's brushings turned into yarn? If so, don't hesitate to contact me at julie.verge@cogeco.ca.

1 comment:

sar said...

Zeus's mom here - its true! I can't wait to see and feel yarn from my big monster!