Friday, October 12, 2007

Interweave knits - Holiday Gifts 2007 is almost here - October 16th is the release date. I'm so excited. I've already previewed the patterns. Lots of great ideas for gifts - especially the ones that will be from me to me :c) Here's the link for those who are interested: http://www.interweaveknits.com/holiday/holidaygifts/. For those who subscribe to the magazine, just keep in mind that this issue will not count as a subscription mailout and therefore has to be purchased separately.

The weather is finally cooling down which means I'll be getting lots of spinning and knitting done. I'm currently working on a pair of Celtic Braided socks with and elastic band at the top. This is a special order for knee high socks that are to stay up and not fall down in a high winter or rubber boot. I found the best way to incorporate the elastic was to weave or wrap it through as I was knitting stockinette stitches. I opted against wrapping on the purls as the elastic would be visible on the "good" side. It gives it a neat appearance (from the inside) - the picture shows the 'wrong' side of the sock. This was achieved with a clear elastic; a darker one could of been used as well. I also plan to reinforce the foot by adding a nylon thread to the yarn (same color as yarn).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've already checked out Holiday Knits! There are some wonderful patterns in it. I'll be looking for it in stores!

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I can't believe you have not only combed the fleece but also spun it since Monday's meeting!!
I am so impressed.
Yvonne